Mushin Games Showcases Tobimaru at Auckland Armageddon 2018
The showcase went very well for us. There was always someone playing Tobimaru and we even have people waiting to have their turn
It was super valuable to have people play the demo in front of us. We aim to make the game easy to pick up and play, but we felt we are not quite there yet. Here are some of the observations we made:
- Most people reacted better to images than text
- Double tapping a button was way more challenging than we ever thought
- Saving the game only comes to mind after a challenging area
- Everyone loved to collect coins
- Most people learned there was a stamina gauge by running out of stamina and getting hit
- Half of the people failed to get onto a moving platform
- Temporary power-ups don't interest a lot of people
We made a new build for the event and now we've updated the demo on this site. This build has:
- Tutorial dialogs that stay up until you complete the task
- Extra save points placed before challenging areas
Lastly, just in case you don't know, we're on Kickstarter! The project is currently 5% funded, and we need your help! If you like the game, please consider pledging. NZ$15 (~US$10) will get you the game when it's out.
That's it for now. Thanks!
Get The Legend of Tobimaru
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.